Since 1985, the Swansboro Rotary Club has awarded over $820,000 in scholarships to 276 students from area high schools. This year, Swansboro Rotary is accepting college scholarship applications from graduating seniors from both Croatan and Swansboro High Schools.
Eight scholarships in the amount of $4,000 each ($1,000 annually) will be awarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and extracurricular activities. Applications are available from guidance counselors at both schools. The deadline date for scholarship applications is available at the guidance counselor’s office. All winners will be notified by the beginning of May.
- Supported four cancer benefits – proceeds went directly to the families in need
- Swansboro Ministerial Association
- Carteret County Public Schools – for Mobile Dental Lab Project
- Hurricane Charley Relief
- Swansboro Christmas Flotilla
- Friends of Hammock Beach & Bear Island
- Fire Relief Fund – money goes directly form the Swansboro Rotary to the victims who have lost their homes in a fire.
- Funded the sinking of the Tug Titan – artificial reef project
- Back Pack Friends
- Adams Closet – coats and shoes for children in need in the community
- Jean Preston Park
- Swansboro High School Track Team
- Swansboro High School Prom
- Sponsors For Academic Talent (Feb)
- District RYLA
- Onslow RYLA
- Take-A-Kid Fishing Foundation
- Boy Scouts of America ECC (Apr)
- Caring For Kids – This project is held in December. Each year we take approximately 20 children shopping for clothes.
- Swansboro Interact Club
- Bicycle Project – Christmas
- Dictionary Project – This is a joint effort with other Rotary Clubs in the area. We supply dictionaries for the 3rd grade classes in Onslow County.
- Croatan High School
- Operation Christmas Child
- Children’s Back Pack Program
- Paul Harris Foundation
- Boys and Girls Homes of North Carolina
- Queens Creek Elementary School to help with Tsunami Relief
- Rotary International Mexico Water Project